The British Council has published a job circular the name of the post Procurement Officer on Oct 09,2019.They have been total vacanay No.01.The British Council is an equal chance and welcome applications from male candidate.Applying will be on Oct 21, 2019
Post Tittle:Procurement Officer
Application Deadline: Oct 21, 2019
Job Responsibilities :
- Coordinate and facilitate the approved acquisition of goods and services, raising Purchase Orders (POs), goods and invoice receipting, and assisting the Procurement Manager in the preparation of bid invitations.
- Facilitate selection of appropriate vendors and procurement methods based on procurement requirements and corporate standards.
- Support the wider BSS team to resolve problems or disputes as required under the guidance of the Procurement Manger so far as it relates to the technicalities of procurement and payment.
- Contact vendors or agency representatives to inquire about existing and new product information, solicit bids, develop requests for quotations; and confer with vendors regarding damaged goods, delayed payments or related information
- Engage in cost negotiations with select suppliers as required.
- Develop lead times for procurement based on material groups.
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions and maintain supplier relationships.
- Create and maintain procurement records, including electronic records in SAP, and other systems whilst ensuring accuracy and integrity of data.
- Graduate in any discipline.
- At least 2 year(s)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in working with a diverse team.
- Experience of an ERP system.
- Monthly salary BDT 46,809 (Consolidated).
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Transport allowance of Tk 9000.00 per month plus other benefits according to the organisation’s policy
- Professional development opportunities
- Experience of working in an international organisation includes good work life balance and flexible working hours.
Application Deadline : October 21, 2019
The British Council
Address : 5 Fuller Road, Dhaka-1000
Web : www.britishcouncil.org/bangladesh
Business : The British Council is the UK`s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.