The British Council has published a job circular the name of the post Accountant on Aug 22,2019.They have been total vacanay No.01.The British Council is an equal chance and welcome applications from male candidate.Applying will be on Sep 4, 2019
Application Deadline: Sep 4, 2019
Job Responsibilities :
- Complete all financial tasks required for the financial month-end and year-end pre-closing steps and provide support as required for the financial month-end and year-end closing steps.
- Provide support as required on accounting transactions and adjustments (accruals, deferrals and provisions), including Intercompany accounting.
- Provide support as required with manual journals and off-system payments requests ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant policies.
- Assist Senior Accountant with preparation of local Tax submissions and other statutory returns.
- Maintain financial records as per corporate policy and internal audit.
- Assist Senior Accountant / Financial Controller with provision of information to internal / external auditors.
- Complete Travel & Expenses audits as per policy addressing issues in a promptly manner.
- Responsible for ensuring integrity of cash collection and recoding process as well as customers refund process.
- Support the income reconciliation process by extracting relevant reports.
- Submit relevant documents to local bank as requested including bank mandates updates.
- Graduation in Finance/ Accounting.
- At least 2 year(s)
- 2 years proven accounting/finance related experience.
- Understanding of general compliance standards and core elements of financial statements and reports
- Ability to apply accounting principles to accurately record financial transactions and maintain appropriate supporting documentation.
- Tk. 46809 (Monthly)
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Transport allowance of BDT 9,000 per month plus other benefits according to the organisation’s policy
- Professional development opportunities
- Experience of working in an international organisation includes good work life balance and flexible working hours.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and called for interview. We will only shortlist applications submitted on a British Council application form submitted electronically through jobs portal. Any hard copies of the application and incomplete application in the portal will not be accepted.
Application Deadline : September 4, 2019